The Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships programme by Global Affairs Canada provides students from the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) with short-term post-secondary exchange opportunities at publicly funded Canadian colleges and institutes. The scholarships support study in programmes or disciplines related to the green economy, which include but are not limited to climate-smart agriculture, coastal and fisheries management, renewable energy, sustainable building techniques, and agro-forestry.
The programme is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between publicly funded Canadian colleges and institutes and institutions across the CARICOM offering technical or vocational education and training (TVET) at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels. Students, hereby referred to as “candidates”, must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study stay in Canada.
Interested candidates should contact their home institution’s international office about existing partnerships or student exchange agreements with Canadian colleges and institutes, which would enable their participation in the programme.
- Programme name: Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships programme
- Funding organization: Global Affairs Canada
- Target audiences: Students at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels in Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago
- Duration: For a minimum of 4 months or one academic term or for a period of 8 months or two academic terms
- Inclusions: Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation, books and supplies
- Application period: January to March 2021