- To register for this event, please click here
The update of the global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) in 2020, contains unprecedented and riveting findings – on how poverty reduced in a study covering 5 billion people, on how COVID-19 might affect projected levels of multidimensional poverty, and on how MPI interacts with SDG indicators like vaccination, work, and the environment.
Join our panelists for a discussion of how to understand and fight poverty in the present times. The panel will consider the importance of a multidimensional approach to understand current poverty levels and trends in poverty reduction.
The discussion will also explore how the MPI can provide a tool to chart pathways out of multidimensional poverty and explore the correlations between the MPI and pressing global challenges such as immunisation and climate change.
You are invited to join our joint public event with UNDP HDRO featuring the following speakers:
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme
- HE M.A. Mannan, Minister of Planning, Bangladesh
- Isabel Saint Malo, Former Vice President, Panama
- Olivier De Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights
- Theadora Swift Koller, Senior Technical Advisor, Equity, World Health Organization
- Dean Joliffe, Lead Economist, Development Data Group, World Bank
- Sabina Alkire, Director, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative
Make sure you register to attend and you’ll receive a link to the webinar.