- When: 14 September 2021, 9:30 AM (New York time) | 1:30 PM (GMT)
- How to join: To join this event, please click here.
To celebrate the United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation and foster networking and matchmaking, the Global Partnership Initiative on Effective Triangular Co-operation (GPI) invites you to the virtual launch of the GPI brief ‘Leveraging Triangular Partnerships to Respond to COVID-19 and Build Back Better from the Pandemic.‘
In the past year, the regulatory measures imposed across the globe in response to the COVID-19 pandemic require flexibility and adaptability. The pandemic speeded the transition to the digitalisation era, and simultaneously exposed a digital gap and new forms of social inequality. Digitalisation provides a growing set of tools supporting governments and non-state actors in their response to the direct and indirect consequences of COVID-19. In this context, triangular partnerships may help partners to better identify development challenges and create innovative solutions towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Building on the discussions of the Webinar Strengthening Partnership and International Solidarity through Triangular Cooperation, during the 2020 United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation, the Global Partnership Initiative on Effective Triangular Co-operation (GPI) produced the brief Leveraging Triangular Partnerships to Respond to COVID-19 and Build Back Better from the Pandemic. With inputs from a dozen GPI members, the brief provides three main recommendations:
- Ensure that good practices and solutions are replicated and scaled up in and beyond the context of COVID-19;
- Incorporate triangular co-operation components, as sharing of knowledge and experience, into COVID-19 response programmes;
- Promote triangular co-operation to leave no one behind.
Moderation: Colombian Presidential Agency of International Co-operation (APC-Colombia)
1. Opening remarks
- Mr. Adel Abdellatif, Director a.i., United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC)
- Mr. Paulo Esteves, BRICS Policy Centre
- Mr. Imad Al-Zuhairi, Director General, Palestinian International Cooperation Agency (PICA)
- Ms. Maria Elena Alcaraz, Coordinator of International Fora for Development Cooperation, Mexican Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AMEXCID)
- Mr. Govind Venuprasad, Coordinator, Supporting Indian Trade and Investment for Africa (SITA), International Trade Centre
- Mr. Helge Espe, Senior Advisor, Norwegian Agency for Exchange Cooperation (NOREC)
3. Closing remarks
- Mr Jorge Moreira, Director of the Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD